History of Mess in a Dress
Back in 2015, I was fresh out of college and newly unemployed due to a layoff from my first big girl job. Life was confusing and I was down, but not out. I was eager to continue learning and I wasn’t going to let a tech company’s budget cuts slow me down. So, I tapped into one of my biggest passions (at the time), fashion. I channeled that into what would become my first blog, a fashion blog, messinadress.com.
Eventually, I found another full-time job and learned A LOT from the blogging world. But I was realizing this wasn’t how I wanted to use my energy. Through many days of deciding to let go or continue and be unfulfilled… I decided not to renew my domain name.
The Future of Mess in a Dress
Fast forward to 2019 and read the shortlist of what my life has been:
- Three moves between two states.
- Four jobs. One day I’ll dive into my professional journey, but not today 😉
- A number of “relationships” that have played a role in shaping me.
- An unplanned puppy.
- A handful of losses. Both humans and pups, neither less painful than the other.
- An engagement and wedding planned for 2020.
It makes sense, in hindsight why fashion blogging fell by the wayside. I had more to focus on, process, and figure out. But now, I’m ready to be brave, share my experiences and form relationships with women that have gone through similar things. That’s what I miss most about blogging; the people and the community.